Our focus is on Solving Problems:
Using principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to meet the individual needs of each child is the main focus of Exceptional Connections. We have maintained great relationships with the families we serve and have continued support with some of our clients for 10 years. We believe in eliminating the problem behavior and teaching the necessary skills to ensure the problem behavior does not return.
Applied Behavior Analysis is a covered treatment by private insurance for kids with Autism Spectrum Disorders!
Specific Uses of Applied Behavior Analysis:
- Reduce disruptive/harmful/socially unacceptable behavior
- Teach appropriate skills to replace the problem behaviors
- Potty training
- Feeding issues (although in a home setting we have limits)
- Sleep issues
- School/home/community setting can be addressed directly in the environment
- Teach language
- Teach independence in home/daily living skills
- Teach social skills
- Use desensitizing techniques to make children more comfortable in doctor/dentist offices
Who can benefit from ABA?
- Children with Autism
- Children with ADD/ADHD
- Children with developmental delays
- Children with conduct disorders
- Any child engaging in challenging behaviors