This week State Rep. McCarter alerted us to more water main replacement work by Aqua Pennsylvania that will cause road detours in Springfield Township.
The first project will begin the week of June 20 with completion expected in September. Aqua will be replacing the water main on the following road with construction taking place weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m.:
- Montgomery Ave. between Paper Mill Rd. and the Bethlehem Pk
The second project is scheduled to begin June 17 with completion expected in October. Aqua will be replacing water mains on the following roads with construction taking place weekdays between 7am and 3:30pm, with construction on Haws Ln. creating a detour between 9am and 3pm:
- Lucon Rd. between Haws Ln.
- Bradford Rd. between Malinda Rd.
- Bergan Rd. between Haws Ln. and Paper Mill Rd.
- Haws Ln. between Church and Preston roads
- Springfield Middle School Driveway between Bergan Rd. and a point 100 feet west of Bergan Rd.
Access will be provided for emergency, mail, school bus and trash services. Residents will have access to their properties but at times will need to enter from a different direction due to changing work zones.
Aqua Pennsylvania plans to provide 24-hour notice before any scheduled interruptions of your water supply. In the event of a water emergency resulting from the construction project, the company has provided an emergency dispatch number, which is (877) 987-2782.