Springfield Township High School student athletes qualified for district and state championships in wrestling, indoor track and swimming. Come out to the high school to watch the district wrestling tournament and head to La Salle University the following week for the district swim meet.
Congratulations to Springfield Spartan wrestler, John McClinton. Last weekend he earned his first Suburban One Championship.
The event will begin at 9:00am and admission is $5.00 for the morning and afternoon session.
At 6:00pm, the championship rounds will commence and admission for this session is also $5.00.
If you plan to attend both sessions, you can purchase an all-day pass for $8.00.
To get LIVE up to date results, click here.
Wrestlers moving on to Regionals…
- Joey Pinto (126)
- Jared Krugman (152)
- John Paul Ungurean (160)
- Eddie Graham (195)
- District Champ: John McClinton (220)
Springfield Township High School has an impressive number of Spartan swimmers who qualified for the District One Championship Meet at La Salle University on Friday and Saturday February 28th & March 1st. See the event in our Events calendar for time and location details.
For more information about the event, including start times of events, click here.
- Elizabeth Leibfried
- Emily Giampeitro
- Joey Giampietro
- Maddie Bennett
- Michaela Fallon
- Devyn Ford
- Margrethe Leis
- Alyssa LoRusso
- Jules Marble
- Sarah Mogee
- Carly Munger
- Rachel Munger
- Lizzie Nadolski
- Katie Quigg
- Meghan Smith
- Tyler Chamberlin
- Jake Corcoran
- Brennan Garber
- Danny Giampietro
- Tim Resch
- Ben Wiley
LaSalle University hosted the PIAA District Swim Meet this past Friday and Saturday. The Girls’ team finished 3rd overall among AA District One opponents. The three relays teams moving on not only qualified for States, but are seeded in the top eight. These female Spartans have qualified for the State Meet:
- 200 Medley Relay: Jules Marble, Devon Ford, Rachel Munger, and Lizzie Nadolski
- 200 Freestyle Relay: Lizzie Nadolski, Devon Ford, Jules Marble, and Michaela Fallon
- 400 Freestyle Relay: Lizzie Nadolski, Michaela Fallon, Rachel Munger, and Margrethe Leis (new school record of 3:39:08)
- 200 Freestyle: Michaela Fallon
- 500 Freestyle: Michaela Fallon (she broke her own school record of 5:21:08)
- 200 Individual Medley: Rachel Munger (new school record of 2:10:12)
- 50 Freestyle: Jules Marble and Lizzie Nadolski
- 100 Backstroke: Jules Marble
- 100 Breaststroke: Rachel Munger (new school record of 1:06:88)
The boys’ swim team also had a great showing at the District Meet, and placed 2nd overall. The following swimmers/relay not only are moving on to the State Meet, but also took First Place this weekend:
- 200 Medley Relay: Jake Corcoran, Tyler Chamberlin, Ben Wiley, and Tim Resch
- 200 Free Relay: Tim Resch, Ben Wiley, Tyler Chamberlin, and Danny Giampietro
- 400 Free Relay: Tim Resch, Ben Wiley, Jake Corcoran, and Danny Giampietro
- 200 Freestyle: Danny Giampietro
- 500 Freestyle: Danny Giampietro
Tyler Chamberlin finished 4th in Individual Medley and 2nd in Breaststroke, and qualified to move on. The following swimmers won medals, but did not qualify for States:
- Jake Corcoran 6th in 100 Freestyle and 100 Backstroke
- Tim Resch finished 4th in the 50 Freestyle
- Brennan Garber 5th in Individual Medley and 5th in Breaststroke
- 100 breast stroke: Tyler Chamberlin – 7th place overall which earned him a medal
- 200 medley relay: 16 place in consolation heat – Jake Corcoran, Brennan Garber, Ben Wiley & Tim Resch
- 200 free relay: 14 place overall – Tim Resch, Tyler Chamberlin, Ben Wiley & Danny Giampietro
- 500 free: Danny Giampietro (4:44.98) – 9th place overall, 1st in consolation heat – setting a new school record!
- 200 IM: Rachel Munger (2:10.12)
- 50 free: Jules Marble (24.57) – setting a new school record!
- 500 free: Michaela Fallon (5:21.08)
- 100 breast: Rachel Munger (1:06.49) – setting a new school record!
- 400 free relay: M. Fallon, L. Nadolski, M. Leis, R. Munger (3:37.70) – setting a new school record!
The Spartan track team finished in 3rd Place in the 2014 PTFCA Boys Indoor State Championships with 23 total points in the meet.
- Chris Stone finished in 1st Place in the Pole Vault. His 15-foot performance earned him his first State Championship.
- Chris Stone also won a State Championship in the High Jump. Stone cleared 6 feet 8 inches.
- Jhaloni Johnson finished in 6th Place in the 200 meter dash with a performance of 22.22 seconds.
- The boys’ 4×200 meter relay finished in 13th Place with a performance of 1:32.48. The team was comprised of Lamar Johnson, Max Barnes, Kyle Wyche, and Jhaloni Johnson.